***WE WILL BE OPEN ON CHRISTMAS EVE*** - Christmas Eve is a Monday this year, so we will be open from 7am-4pm for you to pick up your holiday treats and any last-minute gifts! We will also be open on New Year’s Eve, also a Monday, from 7am-4pm.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and we are so excited to provide you with sumptuous treats for your holiday table all season long!
The centerpiece of our table is the Buche de Noel; a rich chocolate cake rolled around chocolate ganache and whipped cream. This year we are also offering a Raspberry Chocolate Buche de Noel, which will be chocolate cake around a raspberry mousse, raspberry confiture, and chocolate ganache. Of course, our favorite holiday pies are available: Bourbon Pecan, Classic Pumpkin, and Apple Streusel, and introducing an Eggnog Custard Pie for the first time this year! Our Stollen, a sweet, spiced bread, studded with boozy dried fruit and an almond paste inclusion, will be in the store daily and can also be ordered ahead.
You can call the bakery at (510) 239-4751 to place your order, or simply come by the bakery and fill out one of our pre-order forms. We are really proud of our desserts, and are looking forward to serving you!
In order to avoid disappointment, please place your orders ahead; we will be taking orders through Thursday, 12/20. It's our goal to have plenty of cakes and pies for sale in the bakery on Sunday 12/23 and Monday, 12/24, but be aware that we cannot guarantee supply on those days. We will also have our usual array of breakfast treats, breads, and pastries.
Classic Buche de Noel: $48
- A festive tromp l’oeil chocolate sponge cake, rolled around chocolate ganache and sweetened whipped cream, frosted in more rich chocolate, and decorated like a log with chocolate leaves and meringue mushrooms. This is a cake that is proud to sit atop your holiday sideboard.
Raspberry Chocolate Buche de Noel: $53
- We swap out the whipped cream for a delicate raspberry mousse, and layer in some raspberry confiture for extra fruit flavor and brightness. The whole thing is still frosted and decorated like a log, but we hide the cut sides so that the beautiful pink interior is a hidden surprise.
- This classic holiday treat is halfway between a cake and a bread. Boozy rum-soaked cherries and raisins stud a soft yeasted dough, which is folded over a log of sweet almond paste that runs down the center. Divine on its own, or toasted and slathered with butter for a truly decadent breakfast, Stollen is a treat not to be missed.
Pumpkin Pie: $28
- Rich and gently spiced, pumpkin pie is a beloved winter staple. We decorate ours with pie crust leaves.
Bourbon Pecan Pie: $30
- Nothing beats the sweet richness of a slice of pecan pie; a healthy glug of bourbon adds nuance and flavor.
Apple Streusel Pie: $30
- We use 100% Granny Smith apples, for a tart, sweet, and truly delicious pie. An oat streusel topping adds crunch and heartiness.
Eggnog Custard Pie: $28
- New this year, we are including a silky custard pie, spiced with nutmeg and a lavish amount of vanilla.